Monday, February 18, 2013

Day 413 - X2 Chest + Back + Balance & X2 Ab Ripper

I went and had a body composition test done using the Bod Pod at West Chester University health center.  This is supposed to be a very accurate way to test body fat percentage. http://www.cosmedusa.com/bodpodgs

Here are my results:
% Fat = 6.3%
Body Mass = 144 lbs.
Fat Free Mass = 135 lbs.
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) = 1598 kcal
Total Energy Expenditure (Active) = 2781 kcal
That's a pretty low body fat % for someone my age and I'm definitely not eating close to 2800 calories per day, so I need to get more calories.  I'm going to put my limit up to 2600 again for a while and see if that helps me to pack on some muscle.  For the next 3 months or so it will be my goal to add some body weight and see if I can make sure to not add a lot of fat in the process (although a little bit probably would not hurt).  I plan to get another assessment done in about 3 months or so to see how it's going.
Today's workout was pretty stressful on my sore elbow, so I think I need to continue to take it a bit easy on heavy weights for a while longer until it's feeling better.  Even though I felt the workout in my elbow a bit today, I really enjoyed the combo tonight of pushups and pullups.

No comments:

Post a Comment