Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day 398 - Rest Day - Not

Sunday is usually not an exercise day for me, but the group on Facebook decided to have a challenge to see if we could do pushups for every point scored in the football game.  The challenge was 10 per point.  The first 300 were fun, but when I got to a total of 540 I had to switch to 5 per point.  I ended up doing a total of 595 based on points scored and I threw in an extra 5 to make it an even 600 for the day.  Ouch.  I made up a protein shake in the 3rd quarter in hopes of helping my muscles to recover tomorrow, but my protein level today is way down from previous days.  I ended up at 135 grams for the day.  That's probably not enough considering the impact the pushups had.  I calculated that just doing the pushups burned 495 calories (600 * .825), so that's pretty similar to the calorie burn I get from an X2 workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment