Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 401 - Run & Push-up ladder

I got in a nice 5k run during lunch today.  The legs felt good throughout the run.  Tonight is a rest night from X2 for me, so I decided to try something that I saw on the internet called a push-up ladder.  The idea is to do a series of pushups in a row with decreasing and then increasing reps.  I set up my own series that went like this:

50-45-40-35-30-25-25-30-35-40-45-50

I set it up that the start of each set was 5 minutes apart so that the total routine can be finished in 60 minutes.  Tonight I got all the way down and then back up through 45 (for a total of 400 push-ups) before running out of gas.  That was fun.  Calorie burn for today's workouts totaled out to about 700 calories.  Luckily I've been able to get my protein level up to about 200 grams again today.

No comments:

Post a Comment