Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 450 - Rest Day

It's Wednesday and I'm doing phase 2 so that means tonight is my rest day from X2.  I can certainly use it tonight.  I've had some trouble sleeping lately and am feeling the effects of not getting a good nights sleep.  At first I thought it was the effects of caffeine in things like the diet soda I drink during the day.  I've cut all of that out for the last week or so, but that hasn't changed things.  Now I think it may be the result of too much protein in my diet combined with the use of the BCAA (which helps protein absorption).  It seems when I read about this online there are lots of different opinions on whether it affects sleep, so I figure the best way to tell is to cut back on protein (I'm going to stay in the 100-120 range for a while) and cut out the BCAA to see if it helps. 
At work today we had a Noon meeting and they served pizza.  I did okay by having just one slice of vegetable pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment