Saturday, October 26, 2013

Day 654 - 5K Run & X2 Shoulders + Arms

I started off the day with a 5K Trail run in the brisk (45 F) weather this morning.  This was the first time I ran with the thermal top on today.  As usual, I still run in shorts because my legs don't really get cold at all.  I did however wear a stocking cap and loves too. So, that helped.

This afternoon I decided to finally do a round of Shoulders + Arms.  It's been months since I've been able to do this one, but since the doctor said it was okay to step up the intensity, I thought I would give it a try.  As expected, my reps for this workout are way down from where they had been, but I still got a lot out of the workout.  Right now I'm taking a break and enjoying a protein shake (Nature's Best Isopure mixed with water and ice and blended) before starting on a round of Ab Ripper.  This marks another milestone of late.  This will be the first time in a while that I mixed in a second round of Ab Ripper in one week. 

I'm definitely burning some calories today.  That's a very good thing because I need to get some of my definition back and I can't do that by doing half of the weekly workouts.  Next week I'm hoping to do phase 3 with very few modifications or adjustments.

No comments:

Post a Comment