Friday, July 26, 2013

Day 571 - Rest Day

I had my Dr. Appt. today to review my MRI results.  The doctor says I have some degeneration, but it's not severe.  I now have a cortisone shot scheduled for Thursday and have instructions from the doctor to avoid any workouts that cause pain.  Well doc, that's pretty much any workout right now :-)  So, it looks like I'll be sticking to walking until things improve.  I weighed myself this morning and I now weigh less than I did a week ago.  I'm now back down to 138, so I continue to lose muscle mass.  I'm not happy about that, but also realize that it's more important for me to heal than it is for me to continue to workout and cause more issues.  It's time for me to get very serious about the rest necessary to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment