Sunday, January 20, 2013

Day 384 - Rest Day

It's another Sunday which means I'm enjoying a day off from working out.  I got dressed for church and noticed that my 30" pants continue to get more loose, so I'm continuing to lose inches even though my weight remains about the same.  I'm really not interested in buying clothes yet again and I want to make sure I'm not limiting my ability to pack on muscle by starving my body of needed calories, so I plan to try to go up to about 2500 calories for the next couple of weeks.  If things start to get tighter then I can always back off again if needed.

Update: I chatted with my coach on Facebook and he confirmed that in Body Beast they recommend a caloric range of 2500-3000 if you're trying to gain muscle.  Given my height I'm guessing 2500 is about right for me. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment