Monday, January 2, 2012

Day 8 - Back to Core and then some

My day started out today with about 90 minutes of basketball followed by some soy protein and 1% milk and a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast.  Since it's a holiday I decided to rest for a bit before going rock climbing with my daughter.  We did that for about an hour and then came home and had some lunch.  I had 4 ounces of left over pork roast and a half of a baked potato (nothing on it).  I rested for another hour or so and then did my X2 workout that focuses on the core.  It was still a real challenge for me to try to match the reps, but it seems like this time around I did a better job of isolating the muscle groups.  I'm still struggling with workouts that involve the hips.  Mine are in really poor shape, so those routines are going to take a while.  After the workout I made up another glass of the protein mix with 1% milk and added in a bannana.  I need to be careful on calories since it's my daughters 18th birthday, so we're heading the Texas Roadhouse.  I doubt there is much there I can get away with eating, but we'll see.

 In spite of the holidays, I've lost another pound, so now down to 174.

No comments:

Post a Comment