Friday, June 21, 2013

Day 536 - Rest Day

I saw the doctor today about the soreness in my back and the associated tingling in my arm from pressure on the nerve.  Good news is that he believes the issue to be muscular.  An MRI will tell for sure, but the bad news is that he told me that I need to avoid any type of impact exercise for the next four weeks.  This means not pushups, pull-ups, running or weights at all.  I am not at all surprised by this, but I'm going to have a hard time with this because it's going to mean a loss of muscle.  I can still do things like Yoga, walking and biking, so I'll need to make sure to focus on these things in coming days.  I tried to do Yoga tonight, but my back was way too sore from the workout yesterday, so I just did some simple stretching.  I plan to go for a walk tomorrow morning and then if my back is feeling up to it I'll try yoga tomorrow.

I will really need to watch my eating over the next four weeks since my activity level is going to be less, so I plan to cut back to 2200 calories or less per day for the next four weeks.  It also means I will need less protein right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment