Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pushing through the holiday temptations

It's been a good week for dieting. I'm continuing to lose weight and I'm keeping up with the weight training.  I've lost another 2 pounds, so overall I'm down 10 from where I started.  Getting out to walk was harder this week because of weather and lunch-time conflicts.  I feel good about the fact that I completely avoided all of the temptations floating around work this week.  There were cookies everywhere and we even had a holiday dessert get together with hot chocolate, cookies, pastries and brownies that I avoided.  One of my co-workers gave me a plate of cookies for a holiday gift which I brought home for the kids.  None disappeared on the way home.  That was hard to resist.  I promised my daughter I would start rock climbing with her after the new year, so I still need to stay focused on getting some weight off.

I was able to get in 3 good pullups on the I-Beam during my workouts this week, so making a bit of progress.  Pushups are also getting a bit easier.  Three sets of 30 is now not as hard and I'm taking my time more and keeping better form throughout.  Three sets of 10 curls with 50 lbs. is getting too easy, so I plan to up the reps.

I just had a breakfast of two poached eggs and a piece of plan toast.  Very tasty and quite filling.  Sure beats the oatmeal I eat most mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment