Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 609 - AM Trail run & Chest + Back + Balance

It's Labor Day and I started out the day with a 5K trail run. I did 3.28 miles in a time of 28:30. Pace of 8:42/mile.

This afternoon I did Chest + Back + Balance.  The move pictured here is called elevated stability ball push-ups.  I did 20 of these as one of the moves in the workout.  It's a tough routine because it's a mix of pull-ups and pushups for an hour.  Last week I wasn't able to finish the routine, but this week (with some good breaks thrown in) I was able to get through all of the moves.  My reps are down from what I was able to do back in May, but that's to be expected since I had such a long recovery for my back injury.  So far my back is hanging in there as I increase the workouts. I'm applying ice to my back muscles as I type this. Just to be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment