Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Day 674 - 5K Run and Ring workout

Last night I had another physical therapy appt. for my back and it seemed to help.  By the time I left the appt. my upper back and neck were feeling considerably better than when I started the session.  He has me doing some stretches to help stretch out the muscles and hopefully settle the nerve into it's proper place.  These appointments are almost 90-minutes long and and go like this:
  • Heat pack
  • Range of motion test
  • Muscle massage and direct pressure
  • Neck pull using traction machine
  • Stretching exercises
  • Heat and electro-stimulation
This week I have three appointments set up, so I'm hoping this is going to really help me to feel better.  This morning I got out for a 5K Trail run.  Later today I plan to do an upper-body workout on the IM Rings (The IM Ring workouts are a lot less stress on my back than something like Chest & Back & Balance).   I may also mix in some Chin-ups if things are feeling good.

No comments:

Post a Comment