Thursday, February 26, 2015

Day 3 (PM) - X2 Ab Ripper, Crab Crawls and Burpees

I was doing some reading up on the things that I'll need to do in the Spartan Sprint in May. In addition to lots of hills climbs there are things like dragging of weights and bag carries and things that I'm not used to doing, so I need to start to adjust my training some to be prepared.  I should be okay with the hill climbs if I keep up the morning workouts on the ArcTrainer and I'm not too concerned about climbing over walls because I'm doing plenty of pullups now that I'm back to X2 workouts in the evenings.  Tonight I decided to do Ab Ripper again, because my core is really in need of some help and then I alternated between Burpees and sprinting crab crawl.  That got my heart rate up pretty quickly.  I then did 5 minutes of stretching at the end.


It was a really good call for me to decide to do these short workouts in the evening after work because the morning workouts are not enough to prepare me to Spartan Sprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment